Resource to research related safety and training requirements
The HPL tries to maintain a centralized resource page for connecting faculty and students to the various safety and training requirements available through the internet. Please follow this LINK to view that page.
HPL Server Apps and Databases
- Chemical Inventory Database - Updated 10/01/15. Now with training videos in the App.
- Bodycomp Skinfold web app - Updated 4/15/16. Just print the result page for nice printout.
HPL Electronic Data Security Procedures
You should review these procedures and use them as a guide for answering IRB ancillary review questions regarding data security. Click here.
HPL Departmental PirateDrive
The HPL has a departmental Piratedrive. Each PI can have a folder assigned for their administration and data use. PIs must insure proper managment of access to their folders on the HPL PirateDrive. Please click here for more info.
Related to ECDOI
- ECDOI home page http://www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/ecdoi/index.cfm
1 Card Building Access
The 1 Card security access system provides forms for requesting building access via your 1 Card. This si the website.
- Bodycomp.32 - Body composition and heart rate Rx software created by Chuck Tanner. Download the linked file (bodycomp.msi) and save to your desktop. Double click the file and it will install bodycomp. Your Windows computer needs to have the .NET 4.0 framework or higher installed. You can download that here is needed. This distribution will not expire. Let Chuck know if you have any issues.
- Graphpad Prism - This link takes you to GraphPad Software web site. The site license to run the program is renewed annually in December by the HPL. Contact Chuck Tanner if you need access to this software. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paint.Net - Is a FREE alternatives to the basic capabilities of Adobe Photoshop. With its expansive Plugins support, it can easily match most all of Photoshop capabilities. Paint.Net only runs on Windows.
- GIMP - is another FREE very capable Photoshop replacement. It has the advantage of being supported both on Windows and Linux OS.
- Image J - A FREE Java based image analysis software platform that installs on Mac, PC or Linux. It is highly customization and supports an extensive Plugins library to help automate image analysis. It is supported by NIH.
- Foxit - A great Adobe Reader/Writer alternative. The FREE reader has many features standard that are not in Adobe Reader. Like annotation of PDF, in line editing, image importing and exporting to existing PDF. Hate those silly PDF forms you can't fill out because someone forgot to create the form fields for editing. Foxit can still let you fill them in!
- TrueCrypt - Is very strong and free file encryption software. It will help with HIPAA compliance issues and any other data privacy policies. Please see this beginners tutorial to set up the software. In most cases the beginner options will be all that is needed.
- 7-Zip - Is a free file compression and archiving utility that allows you to Zip groups of files to save space or for secure transfer. It provides for DoD level encryption of the archive if required. It is another to that can help with securing sensitive data.